Blackmagic Design has just announced the Blackmagic Camera 1.2 update. This upgrade includes more precise positioning of control dials, support for 6 additional languages, a better layout of onscreen controls while in zoom mode, support for flicker-free shutter presets, and more good stuff. Here are the details.
For those who are not familiar with the new app by Blackmagic (announced together with full-frame Cinema Camera 6K), here’s the description by Apple (no Android version for now): “The Blackmagic Camera unlocks the power of your iPhone by adding digital film camera controls and operating systems. Now you can create the same cinematic ‘look’ as Hollywood feature films. You get the same intuitive and user-friendly interface as Blackmagic Design’s award-winning cameras. So it’s just like using a professional digital film camera. This means you can adjust settings such as frame rate, shutter angle, white balance, and ISO all in a single tap. Or record directly to Blackmagic Cloud in industry-standard 10-bit Apple ProRes files up to 4K. Recording to Blackmagic Cloud Storage lets you collaborate on DaVinci Resolve projects with editors anywhere in the world, all at the same time”. The new features of the 1.2 version are below.
What’s new in Blackmagic Camera 1.2
These are the new features included in the newest version (1.2):
- Control dials now offer haptic feedback and higher accuracy.
- Support for 6 additional languages including Chinese, Japanese and Spanish.
- Improved layouts for iPhones with display zoom enabled.
- Improved animations for player and slate views in all iPhone models.
- Improved animations for stealth mode in smaller iPhone models.
- Improved organization and grouping of camera settings.
- Support for selecting a specific onboard microphone.
- Support to maintain zebra, peaking, and false color during recording.
- Support for flipping the image for SLR lenses.
- Support for flicker free shutter presets for 50 and 60 Hz settings.
- Support for recording clip with LUT and tagging color space.
- Ability to export and import camera settings presets.
- Improved grid controls with horizon detection.
- Selectable time lapse duration in settings.
- Ability to drag clips between projects in the media panel.
- Support for iOS shortcut automation workflows.
- Multiple fixes for recording HUD.
- Apple Log to Rec.709 LUT is now included.
- Ability to turn off uploads when on data.
- General performance and stability improvements
The Blackmagic Camera is compatible with iOS 16.0 or later and a device with the A12 Bionic chip or later. Download it for free!