Cooke has just announced the new (and affordable!) SP3 Full Frame Cine Lenses. These lenses match Cooke’s Panchro-inspired lenses with a lightweight and compact design. The SP3 Cinema lenses were aimed to grant the classic ‘Cooke Look’ paired with mirrorless cameras. Why ‘affordable’? Because a whole set costs only $21,375! Check it out below.
Cooke SP3 FF: Based on Panchro
Cooke has announced new, and affordable full-frame lenses for mirrorless cameras. Now indie filmmakers will be able to enhance their visuals shot on mirrorless cameras with outstanding optical performance using the SP3 25mm T2.4 Full-Frame Prime Lens from Cooke. Based on the acclaimed Speed Panchro lenses, the SP3 primes are optically and mechanically optimized for full-frame mirrorless cameras. These rugged yet lightweight and compact lenses feature focus and iris mechanics that are aligned across the series, enabling quick lens changes when using matte boxes and FIZ (focus/iris/zoom) systems. Each lens in the string matches the Cooke Panchro/i Classic series, enabling you to use the SP3 primes as a “B” or “C” camera drone or gimbal solution that complements your “A” camera footage. Explore the set below:
Retain the ‘Cooke Look’ on mirrorless cameras
The SP3 primes are closely based on the classic Cooke Look popularized in Hollywood films. That means, an outstanding definition and resolution are complemented by a classic fall-off towards the frame edge. The proprietary Cooke optical coatings ensure flare control and color matching across the series. Furthermore, images are rendered with greater realism thanks to heightened dimensionality and contrast performance. Additionally, facial images feature optimal skin tone and character.
- 25, 32, 50, 75, and 100mm Prime Lenses.
- Covers Full-Frame Sensors, T2.4 Aperture (consistent across the series).
- Designed with a fast T2.4 aperture that is consistent across the series.
- The 9-blade aperture features smooth and accurate adjustments with finer control towards the wider end.
- User-Changeable Mounts (Sony E-mount lens features an interchangeable mount that can be changed by the user. Moreover, available mounts will include Canon RF and Leica L and M options.
- Matches Cooke Panchro/i Classic Lenses.
- Non-linear focus scales provide more exact control.
- Industry-standard 0.8-MOD focus and iris gears are compatible with third-party FIZ systems.
- Focus scales are marked on both feet and meters.
- The 64mm front diameter and M58 filter size across the series (except the 100mm) enable quick lens changes when working with matte boxes and adapters.
- Hard-Shell Lens Case.
Price and availability
Each lens costs $4,500 USD. A full set of five lenses costs $21,375. That price is considered ultra-affordable for Cooke’s glass, which means more indie filmmakers will be able to enjoy Cooke lenses and dazzle their audience with the Cooke Look. The SP3 can be preordered from the B&H website. You can preorder a specific focal length or a whole set.